Twin Reverb Reissue problems

agradywills

• Members

Well, I tried to search this but nothing came out of it. Anyway, I was playing the amp (Fender Twin Reverb Reissue) the other night at a gig and it just quit. Light stayed on and all tubes were still glowing but no sound. So, I took it home and cleaned all tube sockets with Radio Shack Contact Cleaner and reinstalled all tubes (6L6s and 12AX7s). NO SOUND. Then I replaced all the tubes with KNOWN GOOD ONES. NO SOUND. What the heck. Yes, tried different cables (6 to be exact). NO SOUND. I actually went out of the amp to another speaker cabinet and a muffled/distorted signal came through. Can anyone help me?

• Members

did you check the fuses?

if thats not it, take it to a tech

theres no way of you being able to fix whats wrong

Are there other fuses besides the one on back? It's good, checked it. But if it went down wouldn't the whole amp shut down. Remember, the power light on front comes on and the tubes heat up when powering up. Just no sound.

• Members

Nice tube amp debugging site! Thanks.

Good site to go to in a panic.

Yeah...not too much detail, but enough info to tell you where to look for problems. Not many places will tell you what "whoooshhh. popppp.crackle" followed by no sound means. This site has some nice diagnostics for idiots like me.

t

Archived