Is this riff heavy enough?

ClusterOne

• Members

http://artists.iuma.com/site-bin/mp3gen/81641/IUMA/Bands/Triage/audio/Triage_-_Andromache.mp3

Don't bother mentioning the drums, I know they're out of place/time heh.

this is about the Riff...I was going for something really kickass jimmy page'ish, but it ended up not sounding so. Is this a problem of equipment or did I just not write a heavy enough riff?

This is sort of a silly question, I guess.

Oh, and let me know what you think of the song too, I'm going to rerecord it after I get some feedback.

• Members

I think the lead guitar should ascend while the chords are descending. Or maybe have the bass guitar (or strings or french horn or kazoo) ascend. They're too similar. Also, I'd play the lead guitar with more suspended notes an octave higher over the picked rhythm part - It's a little too cluttered.

That chord progression (I'm guessing here) Em-D-C-B, although not too common, isn't terribly original, so the lead guitar hook line should be a stronger hook, in my opinion.

I'm gonna go back and listen to the whole song now.

• Members

You're probably right, Something Ascending will sound pretty crazy if I pull it off right.

You guessed the progression right, and you're right: An unoriginal progression like that probably demands something a little more complicated :)

I just hope I have the chops to pull it off, I'm pretty bad ;) As, you'll see when it gets to the solo

Anyways, thanks for the input! I'll send you a link to the new version when I get it put together again.

Steve-O

PS: what part of Jersey are ya from?

Archived