ENGL Invader 100 on the way - tips?

¤ Matt ¤

• Members

I should be getting an Engl Invader 100 tomorrow!

Anyone got any hints or tips? What channels are best for what tones? Good uses for the midi switching? Settings? Anyone tried it with JJ KT77's?

hey!! im just as excited for you as when i was waiting for mine!

well to sum it up, channel 1 is for clean, though you can get it to break up if you turn the gain high, but im not sure why you would want to do this when there are...

channels 2 3 and 4!

channel 2 will get you a very raw aggresive sound with the gain set between 12 and 2 o clock. it has a certain amount of mids inherent too

channel 3 will get you the "chug chug" palm muting tones, again with the gain set between 12 and 2 oclock. you might want to raise the mids a little more on this though

channel 4 is the middiest of the lot and i dont really fancy it for heavy rhythm though it can do leads pretty sweetly. however, you might want to turn the gain to around 9 oclock to get some classic rock crunch too.

you have 2 effects loops switchable via the front panel too. i dont find the noise gate really useful cause it cuts off the notes halfway and you need different settings for different channels, BUT the amp is one of the quietest high gainers i have played, to the extent that i even sold my decimator.

tell us how you like it! :wave:

Archived