OT: NGD!!!

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Edwards Flying V! :love:

IMG_0106.jpg

Very different from all the other guitars I own (i.e. Ibanez Lo-Pro loaded 7-strings). Took a lil getting used to the different feel of the instrument, but I'm loving it. Very light compared to my 7s, which is a nice change. Stock Duncans sound great, don't see myself wanting to change 'em.

Not sure about the strap button placement (end of the top wing), I would have thought on the back of the top wing would have been better. :confused:

Anyways, very happy with it, and I'm already considering maybe another V or something else from the Edwards people (well, I already have one of their fanciest superstrats coming next month :love: ).

• Members

Bought it off US Ebay. Japanese music store, shipped out quickly, item was well packed, etc., no problems at all. Wouldn't hesitate to buy this way again. :)

The other one I'm getting next month or so (E-CY-165CTM I think is the model) I ordered from Ishibashi. I've dealt with them a few times before, and have never had any problems. :)

• Members

It was US689 plus US110 shipping to Australia (from Japan). Not sure what guitar prices are like for the American HC'ers, but for us down here in {censored}sville, that's a damn good price for a guitar as nice as this. Wouldn't find anything close to that kinda deal in a shop here IMO. Might be able to do better shopping around a bit on Jap webshops, but I couldn't be bothered...

The neck shape feels great to me. I used to be into the really thin Wizard and ol' Jap Jackson pro necks, but not so much anymore. I guess I'm used to play the Ibanez 7-string RG necks, which aren't massively thick, but are certainly thicker than a std Wizard.

Obviously upper fret access isn't quite as easy as on my AANJ RGs, but I can still get right up to the 22nd with no real difficulty.

Can't really compare to the Gibson stuff, coz I've never really spent long enough on any of it. None of it ever really appeals to me, and that's probably not a bad thing considering how much they cost down here. :freak:

If I wasn't looking to save to add a Mark III back into my collection, I'd probably be seriously considering buying another one of these Vs! :love:

• Members
should've got a DV8R

:o

No thanks. :o

I was considering the Edwards RR type guitar, but I decided I wanted the fixed bridge (not really an EMG fan either), and I guess I kinda prefer the "classic" V look to the ESP RR ripoff.

The Jackson RR is another matter... but something about the ESP one doesn't fully do it for me. :(

I've got one of these coming next month though. :D

• Members
i dont see how it's a rip off of the RR

its different wood,different controls,different electronics, it has both fins ...lol...

:poke:

Well, in "RR ripoff" I'm simply referring to the body shape.

E-RV-148_BK.jpg

RR, no?

I don't mind it, although I think I'd go for the white finish. Would rather some nice sharkfins instead of dots though, and I much prefer the Jackson headstock to the ESP one (although I don't mind the reversed ESP one). :blah:

Archived