Played the PV Windsor through 2x12 cab loaded with Reverend Alltones

agradywills

• Members

OMG. Played the PV Windsor head through a 2x12 cab loaded with REVEREND Alltone 50 Watt speakers this weekend at a gig and it ROCKED. I have 3 amps in the shop right now and I had to buy an amp and quick. So I spent $250 on a PV Windsor and the sounds. Gorgeous tube sounds.

Only complaint is the lack of really clean sounds. Well, I plugged into the Low Gain channel and backed off the preamp almost all the way. Turned the Master almost all the way and adjusted the volume knobs on my Geetar and VOILA. Great amp for the price. I don't understand all the bad press and reviews. Anyway. Just my opinion.

• Members

Actually found it on Craigslist Memphis. This is a killer amp. Not the best mind you but for $250 it's a great deal.

Damn, he must have went UP on his price, a friend of mine was supposed to buy that amp from the guy for $200. Batesville, MS right?

• Members

OMG. Played the PV Windsor head through a 2x12 cab loaded with REVEREND Alltone 50 Watt speakers this weekend at a gig and it ROCKED. I have 3 amps in the shop right now and I had to buy an amp and quick. So I spent $250 on a PV Windsor and the sounds. Gorgeous tube sounds.

Only complaint is the lack of really clean sounds. Well, I plugged into the Low Gain channel and backed off the preamp almost all the way. Turned the Master almost all the way and adjusted the volume knobs on my Geetar and VOILA. Great amp for the price. I don't understand all the bad press and reviews. Anyway. Just my opinion.

So, you only used the low input for clean? Did you use a dirt pedal for the "ROCK" part?

• Members

I used both inputs for clean but the Low input is much cleaner IMO. I used a MI Audio Crunch Box for some dirty and the amp's pregain for some dirty. This amp has some nice crunch/dirty tones to it.

So, you only used the low input for clean? Did you use a dirt pedal for the "ROCK" part?

Archived