Framus Cobra + 5150 supplied for a gig - settings help?

warped79

• Members

Hi,

My band is playing a gig next week - we will have a Framus Cobra and a 5150 supplied as part of backline.

I haven't played either amp.. Any suggested settings for a smooth/deep low tuned metal sound? I'll be using my maxon OD808 + ISP Decimator on either amp (2 guitarists - we will have to flip a coin on who gets what). We have some clips on www.myspace.com/symbiosist for reference to what we sound like.

Thanks guys!

• Members

Each head will have it's matching cab (so Cobra cab and 5150 cab). Both guitars run EMG 81's - My guitar is a LTD Baritone with 18v mod, other guitar is a Cort with EMG81.

Crunch channel it is - I like the clips of the crunch channel on the Rocksolid amps site.

I'll print out your settings and take them with me!!

Thanks for the info - I guess I'll get to hear the bands before hand and make a mental note of what I'd change about their guitar sound - if anything..

:thu:

• Members

try the fx mix all the way off and @ noon like db11 suggested, i prefer it off but some guys prefer it @ noon...even if you've got nothing in the loop it does change the tone a bit

aside from that our settings aren't too terribly far off from one another, from around there you should be able to make some tweaks to taste pretty easily

• Members

Here are settings for both amps:

Cobra CH2

Gain 3:00

Bass 11:00

Mids 1:00

Treble 11:00

Channel Volume 3:00 Presence 11:00

Depth 2:00

Effects 12:00

5150, Boosted Crunch Channel

Gain 1:00

Lows 2:00

Mids 11:00

Treble 12:00

Resonance 2:00

Presence 12:30

there's your huckleberry, that should sound really good. :rawk:

• Members

here's some more cobra settings for you:

channel 2 - notch off

gain - 2

pres - 9.30

chanvol - dimed

bass - 9

mid - 12

tre - 12.30

deep - 12

fx - 12

master 10.30

those are my current settings.

i use a bad monkey up front with gain at 0, level at 2.30. low at 12, high at 1,

my guitar is an esp m-II with emg81.

• Members

Those should sound pretty good, here's some settings with the notch ON for variety:

(o'clock)

Gain 12 Pres 10 Ch. vol 3

Bass 9.30 Mids dimed Treble 12

For a rock tone on the Lead channel: (notch on)

Gain 9 Pres 10 Ch. vol 4

Bass 10 Mids dimed Treble 12

Deep at 12 o'clock, master vol at 12 o'clock

• Members

Metalzone out front + metalzone in loop + metalzone built into my guitar m/

Seriously thanks guys, I figure I'll get about 2 minutes to play with the settings before we're ready to go so cheers..

then set everything at noon and adjust mid song. the settings people here are giving you won't work like it is intended to by the poster because the stage setting is probably different from their room/garage/where ever else they play.

• Members

then set everything at noon and adjust mid song. the settings people here are giving you won't work like it is intended to by the poster because the stage setting is probably different from their room/garage/where ever else they play.

they should atleast get him close enough to where he can make a few tweaks to what he wants...the cobra really isn't a plug & play/set everything @ noon kinda amp

Archived