need to tighten the bass on my speaker cab...

bohemoth

• Members

i have this HUGE peavey 412f that i keep posting about but no one knows much about. the top and bottom speakers are seperated from each other to make 2 2x12s. The speakers in it now are {censored}, some bassy speakers with huge square magnets. They're unmarked and they need replacing. I've got a marshall 1960a with 75s that i love. Its got a great crunch, i love how much low end it has. Its about tight enough for me, but sometimes it doesnt cut enough, and the chirpy high ends are pretty annoying. I have been thinking about getting more of these for my peavey, but I'm SURE theres a better option for me out there. Im sure everyone will say v30s, but im scared they wont have the low end i need. What are some other options? I don't neccessarily scoop my mids, but i keep them a little low to keep the palm muting sounding good. im playing a vtm120 mostly.

• Members

more and more i think Xing v30s and 75s in both cabs will be the best decision.

theres a guy on craigslist who has some for $50 apiece...should i buy legit celestions or go with warehouse ones? i think the 8ohm of the ones on craigslist will throw everything off if i want to wire them with the 16 ohm 75s.

• Members

more and more i think Xing v30s and 75s in both cabs will be the best decision.

theres a guy on craigslist who has some for $50 apiece...should i buy legit celestions or go with warehouse ones? i think the 8ohm of the ones on craigslist will throw everything off if i want to wire them with the 16 ohm 75s.

warehouse speakers are great

and yeah, having 8 and 16 ohm speakers will be a bitch

• Members

Hah, I've got one of those. I've been using it as a bass cab for about a year now, it's a typical Peavey, tough as nails. I just recently found out it's intended to be a guitar cab - oh well! From what I understand these were built in the early/mid 80's. I'll be interested to hear of your results with the new speakers. :wave:

• Members

i have this HUGE peavey 412f that i keep posting about but no one knows much about. the top and bottom speakers are seperated from each other to make 2 2x12s. The speakers in it now are {censored}, some bassy speakers with huge square magnets. They're unmarked and they need replacing. I've got a marshall 1960a with 75s that i love. Its got a great crunch, i love how much low end it has. Its about tight enough for me, but sometimes it doesnt cut enough, and the chirpy high ends are pretty annoying. I have been thinking about getting more of these for my peavey, but I'm SURE theres a better option for me out there. Im sure everyone will say v30s, but im scared they wont have the low end i need. What are some other options? I don't neccessarily scoop my mids, but i keep them a little low to keep the palm muting sounding good. im playing a vtm120 mostly.

n00b

Archived