Beyond the Embrace appreciation thread!

MaximumMetal

• Members

Anyone on here listen to these guys? After seeing that Mark Rizzo thread, it reminded me of Beyond the Embrace's epic instrumental "The Riddle of Steel".

If you haven't heard of them, make sure to check them out. They do a great job of playing Swedish style metal and being American, and making it sound interesting and new.

• Members

I do, but then again they are local guys. Their bass player works at a Hot Topic close by.

Have they even been working on new material since "Insect Song?" I fear they are going to become musically irrelevant (or may already be) if they don't put something else out soon.

• Members

They were awesome...seen them twice in Mass...once at the NE metal fest and once at a club (can't remember the name) They opened up for a Rhode Island band called donnybrook and the 3 lead guitarists were pretty damn good.

Weakest link was actually the guy with the crate BV head!

I throw their cd in the changer every now and then. A lot of great bands have come from MA:thu:

• Members

I didn't mind them when they were still doing the Gothenburg worship, but their current Metallica wannabe schtick is LAME.

I have known them (well a majority of the people in or used to be in) for years. They were friends with my brother when we were younger. I loved thier old stuff, but the last album kind of sucked. They are working on new stuff now. I hope it is better than the last album thats for damn sure.

Archived