Need some Harmony insider! Yeh or Neh

Fireside

• Members

Been really getting into chains and was wondering if this right up I found is spot on or no?

Amplifiers: In the early Nineties, Cantrell's amp rig consisted of a Bogner Fish preamp running through a Tubeworks MosValve 500 power amp. After Alice In Chains toured with Van Halen in 1992, Eddie gave Jerry several Peavey 5150 stacks, which have remained part of his backline since then. "The 5150s ended up taking the place of the Mesa Dual Rectifiers that we used on Dirt, which were there to back up the sound of Bogner," says Cantrell, "The 5150 is fatter and nastier, and a little bit more out-of-control kind of tone."

Cantrell records with a variety of amps in the studio, his favorites including Mesa Dual Rectifiers and various Marshalls, Fenders and Soldanos. For his clean electric and amplified "acoustic" parts on Jar Of Flies, Jerry plugged his guitar into a Sixties Fender Twin Reverb. On stage he plays thorugh eight 4x12 Marshall speaker cabinets equipped with Celestion 30-watt Vintage and 25-watt Greenback speakers.

Let me know I am in the mood for buying some new gear and can't get the tone of Chains out of my head.

Later

Fire

• Members

yeah to the fact that jerry layered alot of his tones in the studio, in retrospect he would double track(although more than just another take) his riff's with different amps making them thick and dark in areas but still bright in others.

Jerry has some awesome tone, but let's not forget the other majority of his tone comes from his hands or technique, you should be able to get close with whatever rig you play(not spot on) I know your wanting that thick huge tone he has that just screams at the right time

I am still searching lol i need about 20 ab pedals

• Members

yeah to the fact that jerry layered alot of his tones in the studio, in retrospect he would double track(although more than just another take) his riff's with different amps making them thick and dark in areas but still bright in others.

Jerry has some awesome tone, but let's not forget the other majority of his tone comes from his hands or technique, you should be able to get close with whatever rig you play(not spot on) I know your wanting that thick huge tone he has that just screams at the right time

I am still searching lol i need about 20 ab pedals

Dropped,

So where would one start to try and build a rig around these sounds/tone?

GM, said the fish is great but damn I can't afford that.

I am really looking for that dirt/facelift kind of grunge tone. Nothing Nirvana just ballz to the wallz AiC.

Get back with me.

Thanks

Fire

• 1 month later...

Archived