Worth upgrading from Blackmore to Triamp?

antareus

• Members

I'm considering selling my Blackmore and moving up to a H&K Triamp MkII, I'm curious to know what people thought about the differences between the two amps. I'm not much of a metal player, so I don't always need brutal levels of distortion. The ENGL is quite nice - it blows my DSL401 away, and I really can't use my AD30VT anymore, but it is too tight. The Triamp seems smoother on the high gain side of things, and the 50W switch means it should be a little easier to get a little more sag into the sound at more reasonable volume levels.

Slap me if I'm being stupid here so I don't waste my time. :cop:

• Members

I've never played the Blackmore, but the MKII is one helluva amp. I use it in 50 watt mode which I think is a little sweeter. Lots of tones in there, but I still have yet to find someone who actually uses all 6 channels. I only use 3 consistently.

• Members

I've never played the Blackmore, but the MKII is one helluva amp. I use it in 50 watt mode which I think is a little sweeter. Lots of tones in there, but I still have yet to find someone who actually uses all 6 channels. I only use 3 consistently.

A little flexibility isn't a bad thing. I've heard it described as a "tube modeler" of sorts, except without the horrible, horrible sound of modelers because it is so flexible. It stays smooth through all the channels, right? I'm curious what your setup is.

Only other concern is how well it sounds on lower volumes. The ENGL doesn't sound half bad at lower volumes, but I'm not sure how smooth it is.

• Members

i use all six boosted and unboosted:wave:

Archived