Cabinet Re-Clothing

themike

• Members

I'm picking up a Mesa 412 I purchased from a friend tomorrow. I got a great deal on it but it's only flaw is that there are some cuts in the grill cloth. Enough to bother me so I'd like to redo it. Since I'm going to be running this cabinet with my mesa 212 cab, I'd like for the cloths to be as close to the stock mesa cloth as possible.

- Where would be the best place to purchase the clothe from?

- Is this a difficult process?

- What exactly is involved?

• Members
I'm picking up a Mesa 412 I purchased from a friend tomorrow. I got a great deal on it but it's only flaw is that there are some cuts in the grill cloth. Enough to bother me so I'd like to redo it. Since I'm going to be running this cabinet with my mesa 212 cab, I'd like for the cloths to be as close to the stock mesa cloth as possible.

- Where would be the best place to purchase the clothe from?

- Is this a difficult process?

- What exactly is involved?

My thoughts on the subject: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1182222

I recommend Mojo because you can get most of the same quality cloth that www.vibroworld.com sells.

• Members

Not long ago I bought some grill cloth from the above-mentioned Mojo Musical Supply and re-did a 70's Fender Vibro Champ silverface. I remember that at the time I Googled the topic and found some informative how-to articles. I don't still have the links, but you could probably find them on a Google search. One tip I remember was when you start stapling, begin at the top center and work your way out to the left and right. The whole process was a bit more labor-intensive than I expected, but was not difficult, and it came out looking really nice.

Archived