If you don't watch this video I'm going force you to see a televised chess match.

bikehorn

• Members

Yeah, I'll come to your house and you'll have to watch Garry Kasparov vs Vishy Anand until your brain explodes. Save yourself the trouble.

[YOUTUBE]0NSY2tfjmgs[/YOUTUBE]

Terry Reid at Glastonbury 1971. Originally Jimmy Page wanted him for The New Yardbirds, but he couldn't join because of a contract, so he told Pagey about Robert Plant. Notice the similarities in their voices. Later the same contract prevented him from joining Deep Purple. The drummer is Alan White who later joined Yes, bassist is Lee Miles who was with Ike & Tina Turner, the lap steel player is David Lindley and the crazy girl is Linda Lewis.

The video is full of hippies on acid. I don't think any alcohol was served at the festival that year. Sorry, no br00talzzz drop C riffosity.

• Members

That's pretty bad ass. Is this solo stuff? Any cd's of his available?

Yeah a few, in and out of print. His first two were great(Bang Bang You're Terry Reid and Terry Reid), third(River) okay, and the rest, hit or miss. He spent a lot of his prime creative period stuck in litigation with his manager Mickey Most who wanted him to sing pukey ballads while he wanted to rock out. Honestly I don't think the recorded material even lives up to this level of awesomeness, but it's worth it just for the voice.

• Members

Title and content-wise that was the best post I've read on this forum in years... I'm looking forward to meeting you at the TO amp fest.

Oh, and seconding the "WHOMFG huge jointskie!" sentiment... Gread vid and voice.

Thanks. I hope nothing gets in the way of me hitting the fest this year, because I've been hyped about the possibility of a Toronto Ampfest for years even though I'm going to be like one of four low-medium gain guys. I'm a crappy player too...ah well. It'll be cool to see forum people in real life. I did it once with bass forum members and it was awesome.

Waterloo Sunset cover:

[YOUTUBE]nKA74KfF_3M[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Yeah it's going to be quite the interesting spread of players, I'm looking forward to it. From what I've read I think there's going to be quite a few low gain dudes, I'll bring my Dad anyways just in case. I think we're all a bit bashful about our playing, but with all the sweet gear everyone should be in heaven :love:

Archived