Choosing between another Mesa F-series and a Tremoverb ...

snakum

• Members

I'm getting back on the Mesa bandwagon in the next couple days ... maybe ... and I'm looking at an F-50 combo, which I really liked.

I gigged an F-100 halfstack with a Recto cab (V30s) for a while last year, but preferred the C90 speaker or my Emi Tonkers with the F-100. I loved the clean on the F-series ... I mean I loved it more than on my old Fender silverfaced twins or my Dual Showman Reverb. The clean was simply gobsmacking awesome. Deeper and rounder than the Fenders, but still crystal clear and sparkly. The dirty channel was a bit odd. Some days I loved it ... some days I hated it. I went back and forth, and eventually went with a Laney LC-50 cuz it did everything without the need of a pedal in front.

But still ... that Mesa clean, and the Mesa clean with a Bad Monkey in from for an SRV vibe ... just awesome!

So ... I'm now choosing between another F-series (I can make the dirty channel earn it's keep with a couple Bad Monkeys), an older Tremoverb head, and a new 50 watt Rectoverb Series 2 head (to use with my home made Emi Tonker 1x12 cab) and a series 1 combo.

How does the Tremoverb and Rectoverb clean and dirty channels sound, relative to a known quantity (for me) like the Mesa F-series, Peavey JSX and XXX, Peavey Classic, and Marshall JCM 800?

Differences between series 1 and 2 Rectoverbs?

Danke Schon! :wave:

• Members
I'm getting back on the Mesa bandwagon in the next couple days ... maybe ... and I'm looking at an F-50 combo, which I really liked.

I gigged an F-100 halfstack with a Recto cab (V30s) for a while last year, but preferred the C90 speaker or my Emi Tonkers with the F-100. I loved the clean on the F-series ... I mean I loved it more than on my old Fender silverfaced twins or my Dual Showman Reverb. The clean was simply gobsmacking awesome. Deeper and rounder than the Fenders, but still crystal clear and sparkly. The dirty channel was a bit odd. Some days I loved it ... some days I hated it. I went back and forth, and eventually went with a Laney LC-50 cuz it did everything without the need of a pedal in front.

But still ... that Mesa clean, and the Mesa clean with a Bad Monkey in from for an SRV vibe ... just awesome!

So ... I'm now choosing between another F-series (I can make the dirty channel earn it's keep with a couple Bad Monkeys) and a new 50 watt Tremoverb Series 2 head (to use with my home made Emi Tonker 1x12 cab).

How does the Tremoverb clean and dirty channel sound, relative to a known quantity (for me) like the F-series, or a Peavey JSX (too compressed), or any of the Peavey Classic amps (I've owned eight of them), etc.?

Danke Schon!
:wave:

there are no 50 watt Tremoverbs

• Members

So ... I'm now choosing between another F-series (I can make the dirty channel earn it's keep with a couple Bad Monkeys) and a new 50 watt Tremoverb Series 2 head (to use with my home made Emi Tonker 1x12 cab).

How does the Tremoverb clean and dirty channel sound, relative to a known quantity (for me) like the F-series, or a Peavey JSX (too compressed), or any of the Peavey Classic amps (I've owned eight of them), etc.?

Danke Schon!
:wave:

New 50 watt Tremoverb :eek: When did this happen? Did mesa start making the tremoverb again?

• Members

IMO, tough to beat the T-verb. Only played a couple...almost a religious experience playing that amp. Good luck finding one though, they seem to be pretty scarce these days...only a couple on Ebay since Christmas.

+1 Never had a harder time finding an amp. And the one I did get shipped to me, ups killed. Just bought a triple recto...

Archived