Tech metal clip in the vein of The Faceless & Sikth (PODXT + DFHS)

JoshuaLogan

• Members
Cool tune, heavy as {censored}.

Is it true that Misha from Periphery/Bulb uses POD's for his recordings? I thought I remember reading that somewhere here because if thats the case, those are the best POD tones ive heard.

+1, misha, zorran and acle are {censored}in geniuses with PODs.
www.myspace.com/periphery - i think "next please" was done with a POD. possibly the best DI recording ive heard from him.

• Members
+1, misha, zorran and acle are {censored}in geniuses with PODs.

www.myspace.com/periphery
- i think "next please" was done with a POD. possibly the best DI recording ive heard from him.

My bass player has done some stuff with Misha. He says Misha uses a POD all the time.

That track was crazy! Personally, I dug the tone. It was thick as hell. And that dude not only has chops but can write well.

It's much easier for me to dig that type of music without vox. Most screamers piss me off. There are only a few that are good enough to do the job right. (I'm looking at you, Insurrection:thu:)

• Members
That is by FAR the best POD recording i have heard
:love:

{censored}ing incredible playing, amazing mix. This dude is insane m/

I love it. this is my new benchmark for DI style recordings holy shaz!

srsly? teseract and bulb blow the tone of that track out of the water imo w/ pod

• Members
Are these guys using the metal pack? I like my pod but the stock high gain models seem to be lacking something. It's hard to get enough gain and still retain any kind of clarity. I can get it sounding decent but nothing like these guys.

forumite Drago (john from fell silent) had posted his patch settings in a thread he did recently...i tried them and it sounded NEAT. there's a guy called VTM who uploaded a whole bundle on the line 6 forums, try getting those too. just a bit of tweak and yer set. :)

• Members

Are these guys using the metal pack? I like my pod but the stock high gain models seem to be lacking something. It's hard to get enough gain and still retain any kind of clarity. I can get it sounding decent but nothing like these guys.

I think the trick is putting the tubscreamer or the classic OD on pretty much all of the patches. Im not really a metal player now a days but even on some of the rock patches Ive created i still need it for the cut it gives not the gain. The only model i dont think needs are the 5150 and the L6 Big Bottom patches (for metal)

erik.

• Members

yeah no {censored}. everyone's a critic right? i like how half the guys on here couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag, and then douche all over someone else.

btw, whoever that was...................sick.

seriously people just troll this board to pown anyone who makes a mistake, it's funny but it grows old pretty quick.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
I found this on the Andy Sneap forums.... some guy made a thread showing his song. He just used a PODXT for guitars and Drumkit From Hell Superior for the drums. Piano at the end was a midi keyboard using VST samples.

The mixing isn't very good... but for what he used he got a great sound out of it... and more importantly, the song itself is sick.... If you're into bands like The Faceless, Sikth, or Born of Osiris, you'll probably like it.

http://ekdavid.uw.hu/diode2.mp3

Awesome song.
:rawk:

I know, bumping old thread is old. But DAMN this is an amazing clip. Best POD clip I've ever heard. Just goes to show, it's not necessarily what you have, but how you use it. :thu:

• 8 years later...
  • Members

wow! just found this thread randomly, honestly I got moved by reading back. :)

I know this is many years late, but here is a new version with the same setup, but (hopefully) better mixing.

Let me know what you think:

btw album is coming in this year!

Cheers guys, you made my day!

Archived