Please critic my bands songs

Bluesguitar

• Members

Santos Drive:

First thing I noticed is the singer has a great voice for this. The chorus here is pretty rockin'. Somehow this reminds me of Cream, but maybe because I don't know many bands out of this genre. Wait, it's the bass playing! Very Jack Bruce-like. Overall, nice tune. For my part, I like songs to build and change more, but this one really gives a consistent feel throughout and I can tell that's intentional and that it's probably just a personal taste thing.

Break Me Down:

Way cool reverb on the guitars here in the first part. I don't like the distortion on the vocals here. Chorus almost delivers but I'm noticing the vocals. Could it be this is at the top of the singer's range? I feel like the word "Down" isn't quite up where it should be. That's a tough melody. I'm glad I'm not a singer. Overall-songwriting wise this is a good song but I think the slight vocal issues distracted me.

Where are the solos? So far I haven't really heard any. I must be trained to expect long solos when I hear stuff like this, LOL.

Silence:

Nice melody here. You guys have a talent at creating an atmosphere for things. Wow, it's interesting to hear this singer on a different type of song. She sounds a lot like Gwen Stefani here. Actually, this whole thing sounds like a No Doubt song. I hope that's a compliment to you. I intend it to be. I guess I was wrong about the singer's range on the last one. Here she's singing higher. (She must just have trouble on the particular key of Break Me Down. What would she say about that? If that's true could you guys transpose it?)

Anyway, this is definitely my favorite. This song is just awesome! It delivers that spine-tingling feeling. It's going in my MP3 collection.

The War:

Another good one. Where are you guys from? It doesn't say on your site. I was going to comment on the lyrics. Overall they are pretty good but sometimes they are predictable. With the sound you have going, I would expect more metaphor, kind of a more poetic spin on things. I really like your singer. I saw on your home page that she's a recent addition. Lucky you!

Wait a minute, are you the singer??

• Members

Thank you for your response. First, the distortion on the voice is NOT intentional. That's just due to the fact that I record with my computer in our basement and the vocals clip a lot. (It's a weird situation how I have everything hooked up and it's pretty much a compromise)

The No Doubt thing is good. We've actually said that about her voice already! It's good to hear we're not the only ones who think that.

We're from Lincoln Nebraska (quite a ways from Seattle!). I'm not the singer. I play drums on all the songs but Silence. I play guitar on that, the guitarist plays bass, and the bassist plays drums! :)

Thank you again for your response.

(I still have your original MP3. You called it "Plastic Smile" then!)

Archived