Problem with Marshall AVT150!!!

kylef

• Members

I have a problem with my Marshall AVT150. I must have had it about 7 years now, and its never done me wrong. Used to gig every weekend with it a couple of years ago, and took a break.

Now im back to giggin every weekend again and a couple of things have went wrong. One of them was it was powering up, but no sound, but took that into the shop and was fixed in no time as it was only a resistor went wrong.

But last week in a gigging situation, my effects werent workin. I use the effects alot, but come into the song, pushed the channel selector for the effects, but not workin.

So i have it home with me just now, and even without the channel selector in, effects are still not going on.

any ideas? or anyone encountered this before? i was hoping for a quick solution, as as said, i gig every weekend so doesnt leave much time for getting it fixed. dont really fancy taking my rack out with me for the next few weeks!

Any help appreciated,

thanks!

• Members

This happened to me twice when I had my AVT275. The first time I brought it into a store and the tech fixed it for about $100. I was a noob then so I just figured that's what it costs... but then about a year later the effects died again right before I was about to sell the amp. I figured I'd try to take the amp apart and see if I could fix anything, and surely enough there was a chip that came loose and when I plugged it in all the way the effects started to work again.

If my memory serves me right, it's hooked into the main board of the amp, and its almost like a computer IDE connector.

Good luck.

Archived