My band, trying to go for a somewhat different style.

• Members

i wouldnt say you fit the genre of "experimental" or even indie, really...

the instrumental sections sounded like they could go there if they wanted to, but never did.

because of the vocals, it just sounds like pop-punk

btw, none of this is necessarily bad-- it all depends on what sound youre aiming for.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback; Those were the first 3 songs we wrote. I know they aren't like prog experimental, but compared to the local "scene", we are pretty out there. The concept of using a slide bar is way out there for them. Some of the stuff we have started writing is a bit more experimental, a lot of time changes and complex parts.

Any suggestions, or other comments?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Andy,

I dig the music its a nice change to what I am used to hearing from the local scene. Good to see a fellow Massachusetts native on this board too. (I am from Brockton, Massachusetts). I am a singer who is not looking to be like everybody else. I can see you guys are doing something different and I respect that. Keep up the good work bro and feel free to e-mail me or IM me sometime.

Mike

• Members

I liked the music in Setting the Sunset on fire.

But I have to say that if you are looking for something original, unless you are The Mars Volta, you are screwed.

;)

Although the music sounds really good (I see it as a cross of the Moirai (Penfold) with something older like SDRE) the vocals sounds like something out of Taking Back Sunday or the awful Hawthorne Heights.

So .. music = good.

vocals = well.. whatever works for you I guess.

• Members

Ahah, thanks I guess. As for vocals, the other guitarist is doing them; but if I can figure out a way to play what I do play and sing, then it will probably switch cause people tell me I'm a better singer (I don't really think much about it though) so we'll see how it works. Thanks for the compliments though!

Archived