VHT Deliverance

keith2112

• Members

This is an amp I just can't get out of my mind. I like the layout of the amp and I've grown to really like having a depth nob----many amps just have prescense. Of the people who have owned one of these, I was wondering how the experience has been. The amp seems to have a sweet unique tone both on "less" and "more" gain toggle options. It is bound to be peadel friendly on "less" gain. I'm trying to decide between this and a Fuchs Frost for my next amp.

• Members

i owned 2 of them and they were really great amps, i liked the 2 gain knobs because there was alot of tone shaping ablilities, the depth knob on mine didnt really do much or maybe it was broke.
i liked how clean it got by rolling off my vol when i needed a clean tone.

i also played the frost and was blown away, its really nice also.
gainfreak had a thread about the frost last year that you should check out.

• Members

Have listened to the itchy teeth clip by gainfreak many times. I'm leaning Frost. There is just something about a bunch of 6L6 tubes in a JCM800 style amp I like. The D does have gain shaping/ tone shaping options other amps just do not have. The Vintage Modern was highly anticipated by me until I tried it a few times. It just can't stand up the the D. It has the body, detail nobs kinda of like the D's thick thin gain nob. There are both good amps.

• Members

Ive tried every Fuchs but the Frost. They're all great amps. Still love the D60, too. The depth knob can really make it more vintage sounding when turned down. I mostly use the less mode with a RC Booster for more gain.

• Members

Hi Kelly I remember you. You're friends with my friends Aplussguitars. They are great guys. They sold the Overdrive Supreme they had. Great amp. Sometimes I feel like I won't be satisfied until I get an Overdrive supreme or an OD100 CAE. You've had a VHT for a while now haven't you?

• Members
Hi Kelly I remember you. You're friends with my friends Aplussguitars. They are great guys. They sold the Overdrive Supreme they had. Great amp. Sometimes I feel like I won't be satisfied until I get an Overdrive supreme or an OD100 CAE. You've had a VHT for a while now haven't you?

Ya, Ive had the D60 for 2 years. Just picked up a PRS Custom 22 over at aplusguitars. It was the last US PRS they had. Wanted to try a Germino last time I was over there, but they were sold out. I did get to play a Train 45. Very nice indeed. Also jammed on a Mesa Roadster, Marshall JVM and Vintage Modern. The Roadster and JVM were pretty nice; didnt like the VM at all.
rigpics015.jpg

Archived