What tubes for my tone?

joseflovesyou

• Members

Specifics for the tone I want I could explain, but I don't really think it's nessesary for what I need to know.

I recently bought a Rocktron Vendetta, from a member on here, actually. I was rather surprised with the seemingly low amount of gain it has. The tone is awesome, but just not all that much gain, I would consider my Valveking to have more, actually.

I didn't get to mess with it for too long, because I'm an idiot, and blew a fuse, by switching it to a channel with the master all the way up. I've never blown a fuse before... I've also never switched on a channel with it cranked like, do you think that means there is something wrong, or that would have blown a fuse in any situation. I'm asuming I'm totally to blame, so I'm not too worried.

So my question is this, the vendetta, as I understand it can accept any tubes, correct?

So I would like to know what tubes have what characteristics on your sound, I have not been able to find any in depth descriptions of which tubes give you higher gain and so on.

So, do any of you have a good description for different tubes and what they do, or have any ideas why I don't have as much gain as expected?

Archived