Dual Showman Head and tubes question

Billy Dee

• Members

The amp now works, but the reverb and vibrato do not. There are a couple of wires connected to the reverb tank that have an orange and gray connector. Which one belongs in Reverb In and Reverb Out? Regardless, I've tried them both ways and it still doesn't work. I wouldn't need the foot pedal to engage the reverb or vibrato, would I?

:poke:

• Members

I think you do and you can short out the end of a cable with your finger or use a shorting plug to test that out. IIRC the ends of the fs are RCA plugs but you probably still connect the tip and sleeve with your finger at the other end.

• Members

How did it get damaged? You may have more damage than you think if the reverb doesn't work, maybe that tube is shot, too. The pedal DOES have to be plugged in.

The orange wire goes in on the right.

• Members

I received the amp this way (tubes removed and cables to reverb tank removed from the back of the amp). When I turn the knobs for either the reverb or vibrato I do not hear anything as if they are not engaged at all. I would imagine I would hear some noise if there was an issue with the tubes. I'm trying to figure out if I haven't done something correctly or if they flat out do not work. The seller claims it worked when he shipped it and it was packed very well. I don't have the footswitch, but I'm hoping an old Musicman footswitch will work. I'll have to pick it up to try it.

Archived