FENDER BLUES DELUXE

effectivedummy

• Members

My Fender Blues Deluxe bright Chanel dose not work, How do I fix it?

There isn't enough information to answer this.

There is a fender forum where you might get real help. There is also a forum populated by serious numbers of home amp brewers, designers, repair techs, and some really bright folks that might help depending upon how much electronics troubleshooting knowledge you have. Be prepared to admit to any idiocy or things you've already tried and throw yourself at their mercy. They don't suffer fools very well.

Realistically, unless you are willing to put in some serious learning time, reading and studying, you'll be back in business and playing a lot faster if you do what one previous guy said. Go to the fender dot com website, find an authorized amp repair shop, get out that credit card and don't gripe about what it costs. Good people that you want to work on your gear and solve the problem without creating others cost good money. Resolve to pay it.

If nothing else start with the dumb stuff. Are all the plugs pushed in completely. Do you have another switch you might borrow? Have you tried pulling out the foot switch and turning on the bright channel with the push button on the face plate? Have you recently moved the amp or might have shaken any tubes loose? Have you checked them when the amp is not plugged in? Have you tried other guitar cords to make sure you move and it doesn't cut out all sound? Yeah, I know, those are pretty stupid questions, but ask an amp tech how many times they determined the amp didn't work because someone tripped on the power cord and didn't push it back in hard enough.

• Members

I have a blues deluxe. the bright switch isnt its own channel, its just an eq filter. it stays on the clean channel, but doesnt attenuate the high end as much. if the clean channel works but the bright switch cuts the sound, then the switch wiring is probably just messed up. take it to a tech, it shouldnt take more than like 20 minutes to fix.

Archived