I forgot about this Forum. Let me...

Duck King

• Members

Introduce myself....

I'm Ray and I'm in a band called Tea Leaves. I've gotten some very flattering (and even embarassing )reviews from some of our fellow forumites and have just put out a CD that is entering stores around the southeast. Here are links to a couple of tunes.

I decided to change the links to the podcasting site that was posted in the band forum. It seems pretty cool.

http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/bands/428

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Duck King

Introduce myself....

I'm Ray and I'm in a band called Tea Leaves. I've gotten some very flattering (and even embarassing )reviews from some of our fellow forumites and have just put out a CD that is entering stores around the southeast. Here are links to a couple of tunes.

I decided to change the links to the podcasting site that was posted in the band forum. It seems pretty cool.

http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/bands/428

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks.

:cool:

Hey Ray. I listened to the 5 tunes you had up. Here are some observations...

-Vocals are very pro and listenable, great harmony work.

-Same can be said for the instruments.

-This is not the style of music I prefer (only opinion here) but I would listen to this over many other groups in the same style

-"Universe" had some nice lead guitar work. Can I know the gear used? Sounds Marshally, possibly w/ greenbacks.

-Hypnopower also has some nice and creative guitar work.

-Mix-wise, I would have liked more drums on almost all of it to give it more "pocket", maybe a little lower on the rhythm guitar, and a little louder on vocals at times. Maybe less chorus on the lead vocal, as it sounds like it can stand on it's own. I realize that this is really just opinion talking, though.

-Overall, nice work, and original sounding, as well. Keep us posted on how the CD does.

• Members

Originally posted by rainthing

Hey Ray. I listened to the 5 tunes you had up. Here are some observations...

-Vocals are very pro and listenable, great harmony work.

-Same can be said for the instruments.

-This is not the style of music I prefer (only opinion here) but I would listen to this over many other groups in the same style

-"Universe" had some nice lead guitar work. Can I know the gear used? Sounds Marshally, possibly w/ greenbacks.

-Hypnopower also has some nice and creative guitar work.

-Mix-wise, I would have liked more drums on almost all of it to give it more "pocket", maybe a little lower on the rhythm guitar, and a little louder on vocals at times. Maybe less chorus on the lead vocal, as it sounds like it can stand on it's own. I realize that this is really just opinion talking, though.

-Overall, nice work, and original sounding, as well. Keep us posted on how the CD does.

Hmmmm. Universe gits. My parts were a Les Paul Standard into a POD. MIkes parts (solos and rythym) were played with a Yammy Ty Taybor into a Meek V6Q (for the compressor), then into a Carvin PReamp/amp and a 90s 212 Marshall cab. I used the Meek on almost all of the gits and vox. I also agree with you on the drums, but some mistakes made in tracking them and the room itself kind of forced me to pull them back.

• Members
Originally posted by Duck King

Hmmmm. Universe gits. My parts were a Les Paul Standard into a POD. MIkes parts (solos and rythym) were played with a Yammy Ty Taybor into a Meek V6Q (for the compressor), then into a Carvin PReamp/amp and a 90s 212 Marshall cab. I used the Meek on almost all of the gits and vox. I also agree with you on the drums, but some mistakes made in tracking them and the room itself kind of forced me to pull them back.

POD? Wow, I would have guessed that. Very cool to know, though. The most important thing, to me, is that you guys followed thru-got the CD done, and got it into the stores. That, in itself, is huge.

• Members

Originally posted by rainthing

POD? Wow, I would have guessed that. Very cool to know, though. The most important thing, to me, is that you guys followed thru-got the CD done, and got it into the stores. That, in itself, is huge.

I wish I had my XT Live then. Oh, well. Thanks for listening.

Archived