OT ever had an ebay seller not claim his money?

olejason

• Members

So I won a guitar from this guy. He only had 1 feedback but I talked to him through email and he seemed okay (although obviously new to selling). The auction also said paypal was okay so I figured I'd have pp plus my credit card to back me up in case anything happened.

I won the auction at a fair price for both of us. The guit was $600 new and I got it for $480 incl. shipping. I immediately tried to pay using paypal until I noticed his email wasn't registered with paypal. I figured maybe he made a typo with the email or something.

I told him I wouldn't pay unless he registered his email. At first he tried to get me to send him a check but he eventually signed up so I sent him the money. It sat 'unclaimed' for about a week so I canceled it, figuring he got cold feet. He sent me an email a few days later saying his grandpa died or some {censored}. I figured whatever, {censored} happens sometimes.

So I sent the money again and it sat there for a week. I canceled it again. If he emails me again I'm not even going to reply. I even told the guy if he changed his mind about selling it was cool. I don't know what his deal is. I even added him on myspace and he's been active on there every single day since I sent the payment.

It's weird as hell. I wonder if he realizes he's still gonna have to pay ebay for that auction?

Archived