Check out my new song...

justaguy88

• Members

Its on the bottom of my myspace page and its called Single File.

I was going to develop in further and add vocals, but I determined that the song doesnt sufficiently fit the style of music I am going for so I decided to cut my losses and end it here. I still think its a sort of interesting track from a production standpoint. I got a little bit better at mixing and recording and since I dumped a few hours into it, I thought I'd put it up here for some poor unfortunate soul to listen to. Haha. What a waste of time though.... arghhh

www.myspace.com/patrickjphillips

• Members

actually i like this - i personally think that, at face value, this is the most interesting one out of the three songs, although i'm sure you have your own visions and directions that will eventually make the other songs sound better.

i like the organ / effect guitar in the beginning, their tremolo / delay timings are just perfect. nicely mixed too, in my opinion, the components alone could've been disasterously cheesy if done by those who lack the right sensibility, but you made it sound very modern - and that is a good job on you as a producer, more so than you as a mixing engineer.

• Members

hi

I dont know why but everytime the song got more acoustic than electric it sounded boring.I am not sure of the reason but ? think it may have something to do with the dynamics;as if you are relieving the tension where it sould be more boosted.but still ? am not sure, it may be totally my audio-disfunctioning.

also as an instrumental song it could have more variaton than it has now.I cannot advise what to do but that was what my ear wanted,it would be nice to hear a break between the electro-acoustic pendulum.

I would only advise you to add some sort of energy that is abundant in "the go between"

• Members

JanusManus, I feel the exact same way regarding the acoustic chorus. The reason why I dropped the song is cuz I felt that it was a bit dull. I may completely re-write the chorus, but at the very least I will re-record that section with an electric guitar. There is definitely something lacking in the energy and I think thats at the heart of what is bothering me most.

Archived