So I got the Bogner 212

J.L.C.

• Members

This thing is BIG

IMG_1681.jpg

I think it'll look pretty slick when the headshell gets here and I get the combo converted. But the sound is already huge and totally different than the combo speaker.

Now I gotta start tweakin' because it's like a different amp. I'm hearing things I didn't hear before - so now I want to start swapping pre-amp tubes. There's a fizz on the lead channel that was slightly noticeable before, but now it's pissing me off :mad:

There's a couple little white scuffs on the cab, anyone have a recommendation for cleaning those off? Warm water and dish soap didn't work.

• Members

Does the Bogner have Vintage 30's? If yes, that's the fizz you're hearing.

Yeah it does have V30's but the fizz is just on the lead channel (and I have some cheap EHX tubes in the pre-amp)...

I've listed to a bunch of mark IV through V30 clips that don't have the fizz

(at least I hope it's the cheap tubes :p )

• Members

Is your amp a Mark IV? I can't tell,......what kind of speakers in the combo, MC90's?

If your Bogner cab is new or hasn't been used too much the fizz from the V30's is probably because the speakers need some time to break in.

• Members

Is your amp a Mark IV? I can't tell,......what kind of speakers in the combo, MC90's?

If your Bogner cab is new or hasn't been used too much the fizz from the V30's is probably because the speakers need some time to break in.

Yeah it's a Mark IV with an MC90 in it. The cabinet is used, but by the looks of it you might be right about it needing some break-in time.

• Members

Yeah it's a Mark IV with an MC90 in it. The cabinet is used, but by the looks of it you might be right about it needing some break-in time.

The MC90's are a darker speaker than the V30 (and V30 get accused of being dark sometimes),...smoother overall. You're probably gonna have to tweak your eq and give the speakers sometime to break in. Either that, or swap out the V30's for some MC90's or Celestion Classic Lead 80's.

Archived