Difference between Deliverance and Fatbottom cab?

Faust2016

• Members

Was looking through a list of cabs today and saw that the FB and Deliverance cabs are both using P50E speakers.

I thought the FB cab was supposed to get its tightness and amazingness from the P50's...

So what's the differnce between the two?

• Members

I haven't tried the fatbottom. But from what i've read, the fatbottom cab sounds tighter, but is a little directional. The deliverance is supposed to be more open and room filling.

That's pretty much what I was gonna say, I owned the dcab and I played the fb side by side and I liked the dcab better, the bracing in side is a little different, I liked how well the dcab filled the room and how the lows sounded, the fb was to direct for me and kinda like a straight beam of your sound and very tight but because it was so in your face but at other angles where I stood it didnt sound as good to me, it doesn't surround you like the dcab does, its hard to explain but if you hear them side by side it will make more sense.

• Members

So conclusion is that the dcab is a little looser, yet quite tight and more '3d'.

And the fb is very tight but more directional. right?

and what exactly do you mean with 'how the lows sound'?

the lows sound bigger and thicker, the fb is a little tighter but the dcab is still tight. im sure there guys that can give you a better description than i can, what i hear and how to put it in words is hard for me to explain sometimes.

hopefully some of the other guys that are better with descriptions will chime in.

Archived