A Poem My Sister Wrote, And... (A Song For Her Birthday)

bobc

• Members

I saw my sister a couple weeks ago, and she showed me some poems that she wrote when she was a teenager. I thought they where very good, and she said that she would like me to make them into songs for her.

I started to work on one little by little since, and today i came up with something that i think is pretty good. I had to arange the poem into verses and chorus, but i did not want to change her words, which made it a challenge, but i managed to arange her words into a song.

Here is the link...

https://home.comcast.net/~bcalvanese/I-Miss-You.mp3

And here is her poem converted to lyrics...

=================================

faint cry's and far away places

memories that only time erases

i miss you

that glare of light that shines right through

that feeling of happiness has touched me too

i miss you

you know i do

a single tear impares my vision

it is not clear

such a yearning from inside

clouds have come the stars they hide

i need to feel you, to touch you, to hold you

i miss you

a gental song and a kiss of love

as i gaze at the stars so high above

i miss you

so far and distant are they away

as you my love are today

i miss you

you know i do

you are so much to me without you

there is no me

missing you i cannot bare

all these feelings that we share

i need to feel you, to touch you, to hold you

i miss you

the sun shines and lights up the day

home to you i'm on my way

i miss you

=====================================

This recording is my first attempt, and i am reading as i am singing and playing at the same time. Once i get it down, i can focus on adding more feeling into it, and i think it should turn out pretty good.

Today is her birthday, and i sent her an email with the link so she can hear her new song.

I hope she likes it...:)

• Members

can you get a streaming version of this - I don't have a problem with downloading stuff, but a lot of guys on this forum do. I like the sound of the guitar, but I believe right now the song feels very droney, I'd like to hear a B guitar riff, and I'd also try reworking a lot of the vocals (I know you weren't really heavily focused on that) but I think the vocals could be more rhythmic and link into the guitar part a little better. Just something to think about, but during the "chorus" I'd think about changing keys or modes or something that draws it out from the rest of the song while still keeping the same dynamic and rhythmic feel.

• Members

Originally posted by Floophead3

can you get a streaming version of this - I don't have a problem with downloading stuff, but a lot of guys on this forum do. I like the sound of the guitar, but I believe right now the song feels very droney, I'd like to hear a B guitar riff, and I'd also try reworking a lot of the vocals (I know you weren't really heavily focused on that) but I think the vocals could be more rhythmic and link into the guitar part a little better. Just something to think about, but during the "chorus" I'd think about changing keys or modes or something that draws it out from the rest of the song while still keeping the same dynamic and rhythmic feel.

Wow. I was hoping there was at least some good things about it.

Thanks for the tips though.

Archived