What about these tracks?

Project Alpha

• Members

I'm only listening on my little desktop computer speakers, but everything sounds good to me......

This is good background music, but I personally would find it hard to actively participate in the listening - if that makes sense....

You play very well, though! :thu:

• Members

Soaring Eagle sounds like something straight out of Beverly Hills Cop.

You sound fantastic. I dig the keys...everything grooves really well...you do a good job creating ambience....I would have to agree with TA in that without any hook or melody I found myself losing interest after a minute or so.

• Members

Hey,

Thanks!!

Yes I'm aware that there's a theme missing.

Perhaps that is due to the fact that I'm actually a bassplayer. The other instruments you hear I learned to play for this production. So I'm a beginner in that way. Accept the bass which I play for some years now.

They are actually base tracks really, which form a foundation for themes, solo's, vocals maybe. I decided at some point during producing that adding more to them would diminish the quality so I stopped there to still make them acceptable as they are.

There is no guitar on them as well simply because I don't posess one.

That might be the reason you hear what you hear or get bored.

I'll have another go at them for sure or maybe try to find other (cyber-)mucisians who have the skills that I lack. ( yet)

Any suggestions??!! :-)

Thanks.

With kind regards, Ad

• Members

the production is EXTREMELY dated. i really wasn't feeling the drum loop.

there's gary grainger in here for me, btw. i like gary. get a drummer. get a dennis!

you're a good slap player, but i grew weary very quickly. there's no theme and the ambient sounds were - (sorry) cheesy. a lot of this production is cheesy. you can't even focus on the bass playing - which is the obvious focal point.

and as far as that, well, i think you need a melody rather than a repetitive slap pattern. - it sounds a bit to me like an old instructional bass video teaching someone to slap with a cycled 'background' for the student to practice over. the technique is there; the musical expression isn't

so here's what i think:

1 - i honestly think you need to modernize. even the slap sound had that hartke-in-the-80s sound. i know i sound harsh, but i'm being honest.

2 - write a song; not a slap pattern.

bro, i'm not saying it to be an ass; i'm just giving the honest opinion you asked for. post again and i'll give you another. you're obviously a musician; you obviously studied your ass off. i think you could just do better in light of that

• Members

Hey,

Answers between yours.

Originally posted by bluesway

the production is EXTREMELY dated. i really wasn't feeling the drum loop.

It's from an old drum machine.

there's gary grainger in here
so here's what i think:

1 - i honestly think you need to modernize. even the slap sound had that hartke-in-the-80s sound. i know i sound harsh, but i'm being honest.

Being honest is good I have no problem with that but do you perhaps have ant advice on how to achieve that what you suggest? I'm looking for a "broader" sound too as well as it being more transparent so that each instrument can find it's place and rings clear. Not very easy indeed.

2 - write a song; not a slap pattern.

bro, i'm not saying it to be an ass; i'm just giving the honest opinion you asked for.

I have no problem with that. I'm a big boy you know and you're right, it is what I ask for. Some advice on how to achieve this with Cubase and/or Reason would be nice though.

post again and i'll give you another. you're obviously a musician; you obviously studied your ass off. i think you could just do better in light of that

Thanks man I appreciate that!!

What is your opinion about cyber bands and/or cooperation through internet. Got any experience with that perhaps?

With kind regards, Ad.

Archived