Just got in my Warehouse Green Beret's!

ParryPerson

• Members

It's to bad I can't pop them in.

EDIT: Got them in, review time!

After replacing them, it made me realize just how lackluster and bleh the VK stock speakers are, the first thing I noticed was how bright and articulate these bad boys are, with old strings and the stock VK speakers, my treble was always above 6, but after the swap I had to turn them down to 4! To my ears the range these speakers have wound more "hi fi" than a V30 with the honk, just really smooth sounding with amazing high end (I mean the high end is soooo smoooooth) and I love the "CRUNCH" I'm getting now instead of the "BOOMFTH" I was getting before. For what I paid, I couldn't believe the difference. Amazing speakers, and after looking at the sticker, I'm guessing they are modeled after the heritages.

This all without even breaking them in, right out of the box. It seems these suckers like a little low end to, I was told to not go nuts with my bass knob but... I pushed it pretty hard and these speakers just seemed to love it.

All in all I'm highly satisfied, only took 3 days to get here, price was amazing, tone is amazing. A no brainer imo!

• Members

I thought I had EVERY wrench and screw driver known to man. Anyone know the size? These a peavey speakers I'm tossing out for the green beret's (VK Head/Cab).

Talk about the biggest letdown ever
:(

I'll turn this into a review thread whenever I get the bastages that are in there out.

Are green berets clones of the modern GBs or the Vintage ones?

• Members

I thought I had EVERY wrench and screw driver known to man. Anyone know the size? These a peavey speakers I'm tossing out for the green beret's (VK Head/Cab).

Talk about the biggest letdown ever
:(

I'll turn this into a review thread whenever I get the bastages that are in there out.

They are most definitely small crescent wrench size.:thu:

• Members

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT^10

I edited the first post lol, but I'll copy paste here...

After replacing them, it made me realize just how lackluster and bleh the VK stock speakers are, the first thing I noticed was how bright and articulate these bad boys are, with old strings and the stock VK speakers, my treble was always above 6, but after the swap I had to turn them down to 4! To my ears the range these speakers have wound more "hi fi" than a V30 with the honk, just really smooth sounding with amazing high end (I mean the high end is soooo smoooooth) and I love the "CRUNCH" I'm getting now instead of the "BOOMFTH" I was getting before. For what I paid, I couldn't believe the difference. Amazing speakers, and after looking at the sticker, I'm guessing they are modeled after the heritages.

This all without even breaking them in, right out of the box. It seems these suckers like a little low end to, I was told to not go nuts with my bass knob but... I pushed it pretty hard and these speakers just seemed to love it.

All in all I'm highly satisfied, only took 3 days to get here, price was amazing, tone is amazing. A no brainer imo!

I'll put up some clips soon.

• Members

I edited the first post lol, but I'll copy paste here...

I'll put up some clips soon.

Nice! Glad you likes em. I wanna get some GBesque speakers in my cab soon. I thought the heritage GBs were sposed to have less high end though?

If you listen to that GB comparison clip you can hear it clearly. Maybe it's just a case of breaking them in some more.

• Members

Nice! Glad you likes em. I wanna get some GBesque speakers in my cab soon. I thought the heritage GBs were sposed to have less high end though?

If you listen to that GB comparison clip you can hear it clearly. Maybe it's just a case of breaking them in some more.

guarantee it.

Speakers are ALWAYS brighter/stiffer before you break them in.

• Members

Well I'll make 2 sets of clips, before being broken in and after, just now I'm at my apartment and not my space so if I took some clips here they would be straight pre amp only :(

I'll get them up as fast as I can. I'm really diggin' them!

Archived