FRAMUS FRAMUS FRAMUS FRAMUS FRAMUS FRAMUS FRAMUS

Chrisjd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gotta tell you guys.. Been boosting my Dragon again lately and really start to dig it again :)

I had given up on it earlier, because I couldn't get it to REALLY sound good (for metal) with or without boost.

But a few days ago I fixed my TS9 (which broke AGAIN :freak:) and messed with the controls on the amp quite a bit.. And what do ya know, I get some sounds that I quite like. Not really there yet in terms of aggressiveness, but the new tubes I ordered should hopefully take care of that :)

I'm just really stoked to hear it when I've retubed it :D:rawk:

• Members
I gotta tell you guys.. Been boosting my Dragon again lately and really start to dig it again
:)
I had given up on it earlier, because I couldn't get it to REALLY sound good (for metal) with or without boost.

But a few days ago I fixed my TS9 (which broke AGAIN
:freak:
) and messed with the controls on the amp quite a bit.. And what do ya know, I get some sounds that I quite like. Not really there yet in terms of aggressiveness, but the new tubes I ordered should hopefully take care of that
:)
I'm just really stoked to hear it when I've retubed it
:D
:rawk:

Damn, Ive been nothing but blown away from the sounds of the Dragon for metal.:love:

• Members
I did try new pre and powertubes. IMO judging from the Blackmore I had, it was not a good "live band" amp. It sounded cool at lower voulmes but once you turned it up with the band it became undefined. It sounded like the amps poweramp section was lacking as far as build quality. Maybe Ans got a special one or something because the one I had couldn't touch the Savage. I was ready to give up on ENGL being that I owned a PB, FB and Then the BLackie. All of those amps could not,..... I REPEAT COULD NOT.... Hang in a live mix with my Cobra. I play in a 2 guitar band and I had the other guitar player try all of these amps.

I'm not saying Ans isn't getting a good tone that He enjoys. I just wouldn't recommend to others to go out and by a Blackmore if you are playing in a live situation. You aren't gonna get the hand picked one that Ans has.

I'd be interested to know what guitar/pickup/cab combo you were running when you came to this conclusion about the Blackmore. :)

-Ans-

Archived