A new demo. Listen if you're bored.

voodoochild292

• Members

Very good stuff.

Your vocal delivery seems a bit unnecessarily strained at times. I'd relax it unless you really belt it out. You're straining out of affect, not out of true emotional or dynamic necessity.

The spartan delivery is good. I assume you've double tracked the acoustic guitar part? or is it just a noticeable dela?

Backup vocals are weak. They don't seem to have a pitch, which conflicts with the hook.

Lyrical hook is good. Very memorable and identifiable.

I'd revamp the backup vox altogether and try a less strained lead voc.

• Members

The beginning sounds a tad like Classical Gas. I'd cut out the {censored}about at the beginning--start the tune at the beginning.

The rest sounds a bit like Alice in Chains. I really like the tambourine in the background, and the instrumental bit where it comes through clearly.

The lyrics are a bit sophmoric--it would pass with a full band arrangement, but they don't stand up to the scrutiny of a front-and-center placement. Particularly, "{censored}ing overrated" stands out. There's a place for profanity, but my mother told me that people swear when they can't come up with something better to say, and I think that applies here. It sounds like you needed an extra two syllables and got lazy.

I really like the balance between the voice and the guitars, though. The funky-acoustic-guitar-and-soulful-vocal act is pretty commonplace in coffeehouses across North America, but you're arrangement puts you head and shoulders above that crowd. The guitar and vocals complement one another really well, rather than having the vocal follow the guitar line.

Archived