Digitech GSP1101

Sandman31774

• Members

i have. i loved the effects and insane tweakability. the amps models are okay, but as a straight up effects processor with the amp/cab models bypassed, it's pretty killer. IMO nothing else at that price is in the same league.

• Members

I'm using one with my Mesa Mark III. Very cool.

I set the 1101 up with several patches. My main tone of course is the unadulterated Mesa tone. The 1101 will allow that. The effects loop still gives you the 1101 effects like delay, reverb, and modulations, ect. with your own amp's tone.

I don't use the Mesa clean preamp or the crunch preamp because the 1101 offers some nice cleans and crunches that sound as good to me or better. That means I don't need any extra footswitches besides the Control2 pedalboard.

The 1101 has quality Lexicon reverbs and TC Electronics delays. Very sweet.

Pitch shifting, intelligent harmony, excellent EQ

It has some great overdrive/distortion pedal models that go into the front of your amp using the 4 cable method.

Patch changes are instant and clean. Delays and reverbs have tails, so there is no abrupt stop when changing patches. Ducking delay available. You can set this so it is reduced during busy, fast playing so leads don't get mucked up.

I have a "control" footswitch which I assign as a solo boost with any variety of things attached like delay, mid EQ boost...ect., so with one stomp, I get everything necessary for my solo volume and tone.

I like it:

DSC00487.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've only JUST started to do some real deep editing with the 1101, after a good few months. I am currently running it straight into a power amp, and using the amp models & effects (Not the cab models though). I am just discovering the stompbox overdrive / distortion models, which you can place at the front of the amp models. They're pretty good, I didn't think I would ever need or use them, as the amp models are decent enough on their own.

Needless to say, (as with further back in the GSP1101 thread) ther are plenty of "issues" with this unit, and I am having my fair share. Hopefully all the bugs will eventually be fixed, if they develop the unit as promised.

Another thing I have yet to try with the GSP is to put a distortion pedal in the FX loop, instead of using the internal stomps.

I am considering investing in a Radial Tonebone Classic. Can anyone tell me if they have done this, and with what results ? (i.e is it too noisy etc....)

Archived