GRrrr. Help With Drums. (//ezdrummer)

Smachimo the T

• Members

Even better, a pair of mics. You could either put 'em up as a couple of spaced overheads to get a bit of separation, to possibly make it easier to pick out the different bits of the kit when listening back. Alternatively, you could put one up as an OH and one down for the kick. Even just the 57 as an OH would probably do it though, for this purpose.

You don't necessarily need to overdub it, just listen to it and compare it to what you've done. Pick out what makes his performance different from your computer's performance.

For sequencing, as someone has said, you have to try think like a drummer behind a kit. So when you're listening to the recorded tracks, or other bands' drummers, try to understand the movements as much as possible, to sorta help get in the drummer's perspective. Listen for fills to get ideas, but also get an idea of how a real drummer moves around a kit. The more of an understanding you have of it, the less you'll be restricted to ideas you've heard before, and you'll be able to create your own drum ideas.

Yeah, thing is, we don't have a mixer or anything and only one line input :eek: which makes mic'ing drums extremely difficult.

I have a new goal for today/tomorrow, make a realistic sounding drum track :)

• Members

I have started using drum samples along with Drumagog. It has made a huge impact on the drums sounding more real. I still need to work on the "humanized" side of things but I like it much better than the out-of-the-box sounds with EZDrummer. DFH Superior and BFD have much better samples out-of-the=box.

Archived