Poppy Rocky Tunette

pluginbabies

• Members

First post...woohoo!

I'd love a bit of feedback on this song I just recorded! I'm no lyricist (can you tell!?!?), but any thoughts would be great. Also, I just can't seem to get my recording to sound how i want them too (not rubbish) so any tips on that would be fantastic too!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=653481

Cheers!

• Members

It sounds a bit like Gavin Rossdale snorting Ritalin. The lyrics just sound like they need a cruel edit. Cut it to pieces, put it back together, repeat. The words have a great "mouth feel"; I think that you were on to that given the title. Lyrics that sound good are a major element that a lot of people miss when they are writing--it's the difference between "princess on the steeple and all the pretty people they're all drinkin' thinkin' they've got it made" and something that actually makes some {censored}ing sense.

• Members

Energetic and catchy. The lyrics are ok. The title is great and perhaps raises expectations that aren't paid off in the actual song. But that doesn't make it bad. The drums could be a little better mixed in...maybe a bit of high end is lacking(?). Otherwise I thought it was all good.

Archived