Engl fireball and v30s (recto 212) good pair?

kinggeoff

• Members

I have the opportunity to trade my 1960a for a recto 212. The 212 would be paired with the engl (i hear they love v30s)... I have never liked v30s in the past, but everyone says they are amazing when paired with engls (probably why the engl cabs i saw were v30 loaded)

what do you say hcaf? Is it worth it to downsize? Will I miss the 1960a much? And will gigging be the same (I would use it as my gigging rig, and keep the VHT at home until I can get road cases goin onnnn)

let's hear it

yay or nay?

• Members

Call me cwazy but I've always preferred Marshall cabs paired with ENGL amps over Mesa cabs.....I wouldn't do it personally.......I used to have that Mesa cab as well....I consider those pretty small cabs......never paired it with the FB I have now though.......Marshall cabs just seem to sound more focused and tighter w/Engl heads...

• Members

Call me cwazy but I've always preferred Marshall cabs paired with ENGL amps over Mesa cabs.....I wouldn't do it personally.......I used to have that Mesa cab as well....I consider those pretty small cabs......never paired it with the FB I have now though.......Marshall cabs just seem to sound more focused and tighter w/Engl heads...

yeah it sounds great with the marshall. i have no complaints. I'm just thinking a 212 would be easier to get out to practices and stuff...so there is some motivation there. I'll have to see how good the recto's condition is...but you may be right as I do like the gt12-75 loaded marshall cabs

Eventually Ima nab a D212 to sit on top of the FB and I'll use the 212 to travel to practices etc....eventually I'd be gigging with the VHT 3/4 stack :evil: some day....:cry:

• Members

i use the 1960a with a blackmore and love it

a lot of people around here dislike the 1960, but I have had the same cab for years with 5-6 different heads and sounds great every time.

but I would also like to get a 2nd cab with some other speakers, maybe eminence

• Members
yeah it sounds great with the marshall.

Eventually Ima nab a D212 to sit on top of the FB and I'll use the 212 to travel to practices etc....eventually I'd be gigging with the VHT 3/4 stack
:evil:
some day....
:cry:

If you're a VHT cab fan........then I bet you'd find teh Mesa to be a little flabby....

Archived