Michael Phelps...

Timmott

• Members
just makes it look too {censored}ing easy to pwn the rest of the world in swimming
:thu:

Phelps is an amazing athlete, great to see him set world records

but Natalie Coughlin is amazing and whats even better is shes from Cal, and really {censored}ing hot

• Members

Phelps is an amazing athlete, great to see him set world records

but Natalie Coughlin is amazing and whats even better is shes from Cal, and really {censored}ing hot

Not actually hot, but as far as world level discus throwers go she is.

[YOUTUBE]5iJ2btPPmLU[/YOUTUBE]

She should have birthed my spawn. Who am I kidding, she can have a few drops if she wants.

• Members

no doubt he'll be the winningest olympic athlete in history by the end of the day...that's just nuts.

he's only 3 years older than me...:'(

It almost sucks in a way. Granted, it looks as if he may have a shot at a long run of total domination, but someone like Carl Lewis could only reasonably pull 4 medals an Olympiad, but he basically did that for what 4 of them, 16 years? And Al Oerter, with Carl the only dude to pull gold medals in his event for 16 years straight. Neither of those guys will stand out like Phelps just because of medal count.

Phelps is obviously godly... I'm just saying it sucks that some sports can yield fame more easily than others.

• Members

It almost sucks in a way. Granted, it looks as if he may have a shot at a long run of total domination, but someone like Carl Lewis could only reasonably pull 4 medals an Olympiad, but he basically did that for what 4 of them, 16 years? And Al Oerter, with Carl the only dude to pull gold medals in his event for 16 years straight. Neither of those guys will stand out like Phelps just because of medal count.

Phelps is obviously godly... I'm just saying it sucks that some sports can yield fame more easily than others.

idk, lewis was pretty recognized in his day.

• Members

idk, lewis was pretty recognized in his day.

In his day, hell yeah. Spitz is a historical name. hell, evenBob Beaman's long jump was historic. Nobody touched it for almost three decades, and he was basically a fluke... but he made history. In another 12 years I'll bet more people will Remember or know of Ben Johnson than Carl Lewis. Hell, it's even Michael Johnson endorsing.... BEER!

Because Carl's records have fallen, the fact that he was only the most dominant athlete ever will not be as known amongst Joe Blow as Michael Phelps.

Again, good on Phelps, but too bad for other greats.

Archived