NAD : Calling the Mesa Roadster gurus !

Demonofthefall

• Members

Am I the only one to experience a rather annoying channel switching issue with the Roadster ? Here it is ... When switching channels, the sound disappears for a second and then slowly rises up again. It worsens as the amp gets warmer and it does that on every channel. Actually, when the amp is cold, there's no switching lag ...

I've sent an email about this to Mesa last week and I'm still waiting for their answer. If anyone can help, I'd be happy to hear !

Oh and apart from that, I think my new amp is a killer ... it has slightly too much bass IMO but it works really well with my Dual Rectifier (which is actually used by the other guitarist in my band). It's better than my Mark IV as far as blending with the DR goes ... but I still haz teh Mark IV love :love: and will keep it as a practice amp ... until I buy a Mark 5 and tell the other guitarist to use the IV :idea:

Thx.

• Members

I had one for a short while and I know there was something in the manual about a lag in reverb when switching, but it doesn't sound like that. mine went away due to switching issues and down time waiting for a repair/replacement...bad fet or something like that

• Members
Oh and apart from that, I think my new amp is a killer ... it has slightly too much bass IMO but it works really well with my Dual Rectifier (which is actually used by the other guitarist in my band). It's better than my Mark IV as far as blending with the DR goes ... but I still haz teh Mark IV love
:love:
and will keep it as a practice amp ... until I buy a Mark 5 and tell the other guitarist to use the IV
:idea:

Thx.

I could see that a Mark IV *could* bury a Dual Rec because of the voicing differences, depending on the settings.

Looking forward to the debut of the Mark V myself... :)

• Members

no, my switching issue was that the amp stuck itself in mute...

I wanted to keep the amp pretty badly, but my other was in the shop waiting on parts for an eterity and I was two months out on a replacement (the roadster I had was bought new at a local shop and two days old when it died, so a repair wasn't exactly cool by me), in the meantime, a rackmount dual came up on ebay and I nabbed it...loved all the features of the roadster, but for the tonez I've been very happy with the rackto.

• Members

The answer from Mesa :
"I would recommend that you have the amp looked at by a repair station and they can get you taken care of ASAP"

Geez I expected a bit more on the "known vs unknown issue" side of things.
I hope they only have to update some parts to resolve my problem ...

• Members

Just got a better answer :
"I would not say that this is a common issue, but I have seen it before and the fix is literally pushing a resistor slightly away from the heat of the tubes. The heat is causing a part on the muting circuit to activate for too long. The repair station will be able to get you taken care of ASAP."

Shouldn't be too expensive if they're right :)

Archived