Cheap metal/rock combo amp?

Fireside

• Members

I have been searching the forums for about 2 hours now and my question is I am looking for an amp or maybe even a pedal.

Right now and probably for awhile I am playing alot of AiC, Audioslave, Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC, Megadeath and some 80's rock.

Here is what I have:

Peavey Studio Chrous 210

Peavey Blazer 112

Real old 5w harmony amp, solid

Digitech RP 2000

Jackson Prof /w Active Pickups

Tele

I have been screwing around with this stuff for 2 weeks trying to get something that will sounds similar to the bands I mentioned with no luck. I thought about maybe buying an RP500 or POd xt but not sure if that will help.

In Febuary I plan on dropping 2k-3k on a setup, but need something to hold me over till than. I went from a Mark IV which I sold because I needed to pay bills back down to my first guitar setup..

I am pulling my hair out trying to get this stuff to work with me...

If anyone has some input I would be greatful, I have about $300-400 to spend now hence the was going to get a pod or RP500.

Thanks

Fire

• Members

Look at the newest line of Vox Valvetronix amps at 30 watts. No, it is not a big amp, but it has everything you want from the amp, including the effects built in and a 12" speaker.

I tried out the newest line of Vox metal amps at GC and you should be able to find a tone or two on them that makes you smile for under $400.

• Members

Yeah, or look at getting a different effects setup. I'm personally not all that impressed with Digitech's gear.

But for $400 you can get a Randall or Crate SS 2x12/1x12, a Vox Modeling amp, a Line6 modeling amp, or a PODXT Live. I would lean more towards the XT, seeing as how you're dropping the coin during tax returns.

I think that would be the smart move. That way, there's not too much wasted money.

Archived