Why shouldn't I buy an AC15CC1?

tom_s252

• Members

The only caveat is that the cabinet is made of particle board, not birch plywood like the other ACs. It sounds fine - it sounds terrific - but don't use it to hold up one side of your porch or anything. Other than that it's a wonderful little amp and you'll likely be very happy with it.

• Members

You should get the CC1X, not the CC1. Then put a new reverb tank in it, add a cut control, and replace the plate resistors with period correct values.

I don't know for sure but I thought mine was Birch. I stood on it, anyway.

phyrexia > 200lbs

• Members

You should get the CC1X, not the CC1. Then put a new reverb tank in it, add a cut control, and replace the plate resistors with period correct values.

I don't know for sure but I thought mine was Birch. I stood on it, anyway.

phyrexia > 200lbs

I probably *should*, but that lot would nearly double the cost, labour included (because if you think I'm going anywhere near it with a soldering iron you are sadly mistaken...).

• Members

You should get one. They are amazingly awesome amps. Esspecially with single coils. Picked up mine used in like new condition off ebay and it was upgraded with a Red Fang speaker and Some nice RCA tubes. Never played a stock one but I love mine more than any other amp I have played. solid build quality as far as I can tell.

Archived