Cab dilemma. Marshall 1960ahw or Matamp?

Fender_Fan

• Members

How often do you gig?

I have a vintage marshall 4x12 and I took the speakers out of them and put them into my Matamp and it made a HUGE difference sonically. Fills the room much better than the Marshall cab did. My main reason for doing this is because the Matamp seems more sturdy, has metal handles easier to carry etc. I'd say go for the Matamp and if you like the speakers eventually replace them.

• Members

Hey, ah cool! Nice one, I had a feeling the Marshall cabs wouldn't be as good. I gig 4-5 times a month currently, but I expect the gigs number is just gonna keep getting greater! It's a `mini 4x12` i'll be getting, the guy on the phone at Matamp said it was the smallest construction they could do for a 4x12. He said they sound great though, but they've not been as popular so he'd do me an ex demo one for

• Members

All votes Matamp! Thanks for the heads up on the V30's, but i've got a matamp 2x12 with vintage 30's in. I'm going to keep hold of this and use it with my Tiny terror at home! I'll use this new cab with my Superbass over at the band practice room. If I go with the Matamp could I leave 2 of the Hot 100s in, and put 2 Green backs in? I've not idea about mixing and matching speakers, but I know they're different wattages does that present a problem?

thanks!

• Members

Different wattages shouldnt be an issue just dont mix impedances.
You will be basically dropping the max rating to 100W though so a dimed superbass might well push a green back further then they'd like :o

Could you let me know how you get on with it if you do buy. I'm torn on the compact cabs. I really want a full sized picture frame but they are close to 600 notes!

Archived