fairness question?

Capulin rhino

• Members

ebayed an amp that i'd never even used or even took the footswitch out of the box.

i'm happy, the buyer is happy, and everybody gets good feedback. then after a couple days the buyer trys the footswitch and finds out there's an issue with the amp so footswitch doesn't work right.

the amp maker will fix the amp issue for free and there's a warranty station about a mile away from the buyer.

i was worried about giving the buyer a little bit of a refund for the hassle of having to get the thing repaired but didn't wanna leave myself open for a dispute? the buyer paid maybe a $100 more than how stuff has been selling, but i throwed in an extra set of power tubes and one deferent preamp tube.

so would kicking back some money be the right thing to do? or does this fall under {censored} happens, and it's not that big of deal were he's close to the warranty station?

• Members

I wouldn't worry about it. If he bought it brand new from a store, and something went wrong, he would still have to go through the same hassle to get it repaired or replaced under warranty. The fact that he's so close to the warranty station makes it even less of an issue. Unless he's a complete ass, I'm sure he'll see it the same way.

Archived