Are George L's cables really that good?

Soulcrusher_X

• Members
First of all...NO..it's not "that much better than most" if you're talking about quality cables like Monster, Mogami, Planet Waves, etc. It's probably no worse but I feel like you're looking for magic where no exists. It's just a stinkin' cable kit. To me the biggest advantage over the Planet Waves (which I use and like) is that the cables are thinner and the ends are smaller. In tight areas the assembly would do better. I have no problem's with my setup so the George L's offer no advantage to me. Here's a pic of the way I have my board wired

2008may059.jpg

I was looking at this kit, too. Slightly cheaper and from some people's comments, it seems more rugged. I'm almost thinking of going with the PW kit at this point.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I was looking at this kit, too. Slightly cheaper and from some people's comments, it seems more rugged. I'm almost thinking of going with the PW kit at this point.

What I like best about the PW kit is that I ended up buying extra ends and 50 feet of bulk cable. I made everything from the short connections on the board to the long cables for the effects loop connection. The George L's just seem too flimsy for long cables. Also, as far as pro users....I see your Eric Johnson and raise you a Satriani, John 5 and a John Petrucci.:thu:

Archived