Music/ Language Relation, Frequency of Pitches, Intervals, Composition Flow Chart

Gongchime

• Members

Scientists (linguists/anthropologists?) are saying that musical ability in humans developed as a consequence of language acquisition. I took the relationship seriously and mapped the chart I have for frequency of tone occurrences onto another chart I have for frequency of letters in English to use sentences to generate melodic series and mapped to another chart for frequency of rhythms.

The tone occurrences I gave before are 1534726 although there is an equal chance of there being a 5 or a 3 etc... Other notes are also like this but I won

• Members

There are inherently unavoidable problems with these methods though that we need to be aware of. And will also exist in any computer program.

The pitch frequency method has the problem of not placing important pitches on important beats and creating too frequently the tritone leap. Even worse, it does not frequently enough create motion by step or third.

So, we could use the interval method to evaluate the fitness of anything produced by the pitch frequency method. If the ratio of seconds to other intervals is not within a certain parameter...something like 80% of the ideal, then we can probably say with some confidence that it

Archived