EMG SPC control ?

laurens

• Members

Posted this also on HCEGF, but they are a bit slow there. I'm looking through the signature ESP series (Jeff Hanneman) and I noticed that they have an EMG 81 + SPC control installed. It is supposed to boost the mid range or something like that. Does anyone here have experience with this SPC control? Is it worth installing on my ESP MII with EMG 81's?

• Members

Adds a little more gain to an 81/85 not nearly as obnoxious as the PA2. I use it for dirty patches sounds great. Makes a single coil EMG sound like a humbucker. Not good for clean things.

Take a look at any of my YouTube vids, I use it on everything but clean.

Fully compatible with Duncan Blackouts as well.

eg:

Mark

• Members

Adds a little more gain to an 81/85 not nearly as obnoxious as the PA2. I use it for dirty patches sounds great. Makes a single coil EMG sound like a humbucker. Not good for clean things.

eg:

Mark

Cool clips man! Did you switch from EMG to DB's and why?

• Members

Cool clips man! Did you switch from EMG to DB's and why?

I've used 85's since 1987. Every once in a while I check out different pickups, passives, boutique, etc. I tried the AHB1's and loved them so much that I put them in every guitar I own (PRS SC, Gibson LP, Indie FDL and a Suhr Modern on the way (john is putting Blackouts in at the factory).

They have nice gain, more highs, lows, tightness, clarity and much better cleans.

Mark

• Members

eg:

Mark

Does it give that sorta cocked wah sound as opposed to a simple gain boost?

Archived