Played a classic 30 last night -->

sickman

• Members

Last night's band practice was at the other guitar players house... he has a sweet setup. Instead of bringing my amp I used his Peavey Classic 30. It had a lot more dirt than I anticipated, I didn't like the clean so much. I was using a Les Paul, so that could have had something to do with not liking the clean. I rolled back the volume on my guitar for rythym playing and it sounded pretty nice.

I remember when I was younger my guitar teacher was using one of the 4x10s at gigs for sometime. He had a really clean sound, perfect for playing southern rock and blues stuff. He is also a tremendous player.

I've been searching for a smaller amp that I could crank and think I would be happy with a Classic 30... but I still think an Orange Tiny Terror is #1 on my list.

• Members

I've played both. The classic 30 is a great amp for the money. I didn't like the tiny terror at all. The classic 30 with a strat with singles and a humbucker is really nice. Dime the treble and mid controls and give it some volume and its a great blues/rock amp.

• Members

Last night's band practice was at the other guitar players house... he has a sweet setup. Instead of bringing my amp I used his Peavey Classic 30. It had a lot more dirt than I anticipated, I didn't like the clean so much. I was using a Les Paul, so that could have had something to do with not liking the clean. I rolled back the volume on my guitar for rythym playing and it sounded pretty nice.

I remember when I was younger my guitar teacher was using one of the 4x10s at gigs for sometime. He had a really clean sound, perfect for playing southern rock and blues stuff. He is also a tremendous player.

I've been searching for a smaller amp that I could crank and think I would be happy with a Classic 30... but I still think an Orange Tiny Terror is #1 on my list.

The 4x10 was a Classic 50. On the 50s the gain is similar in tone and character to the C30, but the clean is much, much better (more headroom, for one).

• Members

C50 212 owner here.

I bought it for Blues tones but was very pleasanty surprised by the amount of dirt that you can get with it as well.

I find myself playing a lot more rock stuff than blues these days because of it.

Excellent saturated tone at house levels as well - which also surprised me.

I think it's safe to say that the Classics are a very good solid amp for gigging and not expensive either.

Archived