gun guys i need help

sirlimecat

• Members

spray it with wd40

no

use proper gun cleaning products to try and loosen up the bolt/charging handle. Id probably have to see the rifle to tell you what to do though. It could be rust depending on how the rifle was stored and the conditions it was stored in

• Members

no

use proper gun cleaning products to try and loosen up the bolt/charging handle. Id probably have to see the rifle to tell you what to do though. It could be rust depending on how the rifle was stored and the conditions it was stored in

righty i've dismatled it and no rust so thats not the problem, theres absolutley no space between the bolt and the thingy above it, also the saftey is like this in the safe position, most likley because the bolt is frozen

its a sears roebuck model 53

• Members

righty i've dismatled it and no rust so thats not the problem, theres absolutley no space between the bolt and the thingy above it, also the saftey is like this in the safe position, most likley because the bolt is frozen

is the rifle disassembled or is the bolt stuck in the rear position and you cant get it to slide towards the breach?

• Members

Well, don't go shoot it until you make sure it's all okay again. There could be other things wrong with it. You don't want it blowing up in your face. Theres a few people each year that have glocks blow up in their face. Mostly due to not cleaning them.

• Members

is the rifle disassembled or is the bolt stuck in the rear position and you cant get it to slide towards the breach?

i can't push the bolt tword the end of the barrell, or back, i went out side and hit the bolt on a brick wall and got it to move about an inch took bout 10 minutes, how im just using my strengh trying to loosin it up

• Members

i can't push the bolt tword the end of the barrell, or back, i went out side and hit the bolt on a brick wall and got it to move about an inch took bout 10 minutes, how im just using my strengh trying to loosin it up

:facepalm:

take it to a gun smith before you kill somebody man :poke:

• Members

i think there just damaged, its still legibale if you really focus but i dont feel like any dramma, if i cant get the bolt loose back in the closet it goes

Well, I'd put it back in the closet anyway. It doesn't sound safe and you don't want to use it for self defense with the serial numbers not on it. It won't help your case. So if someone tries to rob your house reach for another gun! lol

• Members

Well, I'd put it back in the closet anyway. It doesn't sound safe and you don't want to use it for self defense with the serial numbers not on it. It won't help your case. So if someone tries to rob your house reach for another gun! lol

will do but this one is nice :love:

id really like to atleast get it in working condition

• Members

The only way you're going to get into working condition is by bringing it to a gunsmith. You can always try to bring it in, whether the SN is scratched or not they might take a look at it. Otherwise, I'd junk it.

Even if you get the bolt moving, there is no telling what could happen if you tried to fire a round. The whole thing needs to be checked out.

Hitting it against a brick? Are you {censored}ing serious? It's morons like you that make people think that we should ban guns all together. Stop giving us a bad name. Jesus...

• Members

The only way you're going to get into working condition is by bringing it to a gunsmith. You can always try to bring it in, whether the SN is scratched or not they might take a look at it. Otherwise, I'd junk it.

Even if you get the bolt moving, there is no telling what could happen if you tried to fire a round. The whole thing needs to be checked out.

Hitting it against a brick? Are you {censored}ing serious? It's morons like you that make people think that we should ban guns all together. Stop giving us a bad name. Jesus...

i dismantled it, no bullets, no trigger, no barrell, the worst that would happen was the brick getting hurt :facepalm:

• Members

i dismantled it, no bullets, no trigger, no barrell, the worst that would happen was the brick getting hurt
:facepalm:

I'm talking about once you re-assemble it.

This is exactly why you shouldn't be touching it...you're not thinking about what can happen later. You never mention what kind of magnum you're playing with here either, so I'll just make a broad generalization about any magnum. Since a magnum, by definition, has more powder than a standard charged round, if you put a bullet like that in a gun that had stress cracks on the bolt from you slamming it against a brick, then tried to fire it...it would more than likely explode in your face. So...more than the brick would get hurt.

There is a reason why gunsmiths charge a decent chunk of change for good work. It can kill you if you mess it up.

Archived