Need amp advice! (considering Orange Rockerverb 50)

AxemBlack

• Members

Hi guys, I'm in need of your advice.

My amp setup currently is functional at best. It's pretty rock'n'roll, but not very practical. I've got a small 15w Aslin Dane combo, sounds great and looks good too, but obviously too small for gigs, so I run a cable from the headphone jack (has to be sort of half-in-half-out for the signal to get through) into a line-in jack on the back of a Behringer GMX212, essentially using it as a cab.

This setup has done me well for the last year or two of gigging, but I think it's time I got myself a proper amp setup.

I'm looking for a classic British crunch sound, not hugely bothered about crystal cleans, just something nice, and something that can really kick, but not metal.

My attention was immediately drawn to the Orange Rockerverb 50 head & matching 4x12 cab. Looks hot, and from all the sound demos it sounds brilliant, great crunchy rhythm tones and hot leads.

I haven't tried one out yet, but I plan to in the next couple of weeks. Obviously I don't want to jump in and spend

• Members

You could get a JVM for that amount of cash, it owns at rock. I'm not sure what the rockerverb sounds like, but I tried a rocker30 and an AD30 2 days ago and the JVM can absolutely nail the tones they produce (although, I will admit the orange has a cool darkness to its tone thats quite difficult to emulate)

• Members

Get the rockerverb 50 if you can, it's an excellent amp ! I recently checked the 50 as well as 100 and thunderverb. The 50 and 100 are capable of any kind of rock or even metal you might want to do. I very much liked the voice of the 50 and 100. I don't think you'll have any regrets if you decide to purchase one of them and the cabs are awesome and dark, again great for any type of rock. I'd also suggest you check out the engl Blackmore, which is also great for the sounds I think you're after . Cheers and happy holidays.:thu:

• Members

What ever you do, buy those Oranges from dv247.com. Ridiculously cheap prices on many brands, especially Orange and I think dv247.com is located in England.

I was actually considering getting a RV100 from there myself. Or RV50.. hard to decide. :rolleyes:

Archived