guitar amp help ...

Dubravac

• Members

Hey everyone ... i'm looking to purchase a new combo amp and have approx. $2000 to spend ... just want opinions of what you would buy for the money ... Used to play guitar and had a fender twin reverb then switched over and was a bass player for the last 8 years and now i'll be switching back to guitar ... love to get some views of what people would buy. Thanks for the help !!

• Members

Hey everyone ... i'm looking to purchase a new combo amp and have approx. $2000 to spend ... just want opinions of what you would buy for the money ... Used to play guitar and had a fender twin reverb then switched over and was a bass player for the last 8 years and now i'll be switching back to guitar ... love to get some views of what people would buy. Thanks for the help !!

With that kind of money you have a LOT of options.

I'd say Bogner Shiva 6L6 combo. Best live tone I've ever heard came from a Strat Plus straight into one of those.

The new Mesa Electra Dynes look nice.

• Members

Hey, i'm really sorry .. i should've put down what type of music the band plays. Well, we play everything .. literally .. from Hard Rock, to Pop, to Jazz. Led Zeppelin to Prince to John Mayer, Eric Clapton to Frank Sinatra ... play alot of functions from banquets to weddings, etc ... i like the combo because it's easier to get around with it than a stack, and the places we play aren't huge venues. Thanks for the help again, very much appreciated !!

• Members

Hey, i'm really sorry .. i should've put down what type of music the band plays. Well, we play everything .. literally .. from Hard Rock, to Pop, to Jazz. Led Zeppelin to Prince to John Mayer, Eric Clapton to Frank Sinatra ... play alot of functions from banquets to weddings, etc ... i like the combo because it's easier to get around with it than a stack, and the places we play aren't huge venues. Thanks for the help again, very much appreciated !!

Well, I play what you play, and do it with all 3 of my amps in my sig. There are 2x12 versions of each of the amps I own, I just happen to use the 1x12 versions of them.

Archived