what pedal is similar to a TS10, but better?

bluesboy

• Members

Generally, im pretty happy with my current setup. My guitar is an Epi LP with gibson 498T/490R pickups. I use a Vox ac30 CC2 (with wharfdales), usually on the normal channel with bright switch on. I use this channel set pretty clean.

For my distortion sound i use an ibanez TS10, with the drive all the way up, tone about 10 oclock, volume to try and match my clean volume.

Surprisingly, this pedal has the perfect amount of gain for me, and i get some pretty satsifying classic rock-type crunch/lead tones. However, its lacking just a bit, and ill do my best to describe what i dont like. Basically, my clean channel cuts quite a bit. It's a sweet trebly tone, but not in a harsh way. When i click my pedal on, it does something to this tone. Its like it takes away "the punch" of my clean tone. Adjusting the tone knob of the pedal just makes things harsh, and turning the volume onm the pedal up makes it louder but doesn't replace what it took away.

So im looking for a pedal that has the same amount of gain, sounds similar, but doesn't change so much the clean tone of my amp.

Any ideas? I was thinking about an 808 reissue, but im not sure it has the gain im looking for (say, something like led zeppelin or ACDC).

Archived