worth it? Line 6 metal shop pack

mercutioburns

• Members

Got an email from line 6 for the 2 pack bundle of the metal shop and classics pack for $40. Seems like a good deal. anybody gave experience with the metal shop pack specifically? I have a decent metal patch with my POD XT Live, but it took me a damn long time to find a good patch. I'm wondering if this would really open up my possibilities to getting badass tones easily. I just plug my XT into the preamp bypass of my crate.

• Members

You can get a refund on the packs if you don't like 'em can't you? I vaguely remember something to that effect.

IMO it's kinda hard to say whether or not it's worth it. I've got 3 packs in my POD XT, including the metal pack, but from memory my favourite amp for metal stuff ended up being one of the standard models (albeit, like you said with a lot of tweaking). Others say the metal pack is a must for heavier sounds. :idk:

• Members

Yeah depends man, it's too bad waves GTR doesn't make sounds you can take with you in a modeling unit because they beat the snot out of line 6 distortion models. PRS did most of the distortion models from his private boutique amp collection.

• Members

I got the email too and thought about it but I don't know. I get the feeling it won't be worth it.

Check the terms, you might be able to remove it and get a refund if you don't like it (within however many days or whatever). I recalled there being something like that when I got my 3 packs, although that was a while back now.

Archived